Wednesday 1 September 2010

Making your Smoothie 'work' for you...

Mmmmm :) Being healthy never tasted so good :)

This morning I wake and make a 'green smoothie', and if you'd told me last year that I would be doing this kind of thing regularly I would have looked at you with amazement. My smoothie's really 'work' for me on several levels. Firstly, I'm lazy in the morning, I like simple, I don't want a heap of stuff to wash up and I want a gentle and effective 'kick start'....that's kind of 'first, second and third' really isn't it... :)

Green Smoothie's are made from what you have around that's fresh, and can blend up well.
Some people always begin with an Avocado, others always with a Banana, some only with fresh berries. I'm the kind of person who always begins with a walk outside to my herb garden to see what's going bonkers and needs thinning.
View from a Spinach Leaf ~ by Jannette

A couple of handfuls of herbs ripped up, added to a cup or so of Oatmilk, a dollop of raw honey, a spoonful of Chia Seeds, a shake of In-Liven, and blend for 10 seconds on high, 10 on low. Pour and shake some Cinnamon over the top, sip slowly.

YUM.

What's so good about these drinks? The best thing is that because the ingredients are all raw (well, except for the Oat Milk perhaps, but you can use Almond Milk or other nut milk if you want) their vitality is very high. What do I mean by 'vitality'? Its really their vibrational energy. All their molecules are 'linked', and the energy that they have used to grow is still intact.  Processed foods suffer from the loss of this vitality along each step or 'process' they go through. Even blending the raw smoothie removes some of this vitality, but in comparison to say a 'diet powder' that has its nutritional value written on a label on the side of the tub, this kind of drink has a stack more potency than a standard 'meal replacement shake'.

If you are trying to lose weight, or break an appetite 'habit' (eggs, toast, cereal etc) then this kind of smoothie is just fantastic for manifesting success.

Tips for making your Smoothie go further:
  • Add a spoonful of Spirulina Powder to help provide you with essential Proteins 
  • Add a spoonful of Flaxseed Oil to help provide you with essential fatty acids (Omega 3's)
  • Add a spoonful of Chia Seeds to help provide you with a range of essential minerals and more
  • Add fresh seasonal berries for an antioxidant boost (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries etc)
  • Add Kiwi fruit, Mango, Kadadu Plum, Persimmon, or Rosehips to boost Vitamin C if you are feeling a little unwell or have an injury that is causing inflammation.
  • Add Probiotics like 'In-Liven' superfood powder, a half cup of Kefir or something similar like an organic and biodynamic yoghurt if you are suffering any form of fungal infection, yeast infection, gum problems, or digestive issues.
  • Add Raw Cacao for anyone who loves chocolate, or for women who have muscle aches from menstruation, or children who have 'growing pains' like aches in the thighs, ribs, ankles and wrists.
  • If you want to add more superfood 'oomph' try using a shake of Quinoa flakes, Amaranth flakes or puffed Millet, Kamut or similar. This is good for little people who are feeling poorly and need a little more food in their tummy but don't want to 'eat'. (NB: I would say here that using Cacao to camouflage any 'greenness' for kids not used to drinking green is a good ploy)

Smoothies are just so very convenient and nourishing that I find I prefer it as a start to the morning, and it has helped me to cut down on my processed grain intake a LOT. I find that I do not have cravings for foods that I used to. Sweet cravings are non-existent. So if you are a little hesitant about getting into raw smoothies, just give it a go, you'll be glad you did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!