Thursday 23 September 2010

Tuning into Love - 007 'things that make you go hmmmmm'

Yes, things that make you go 'hmmmmmmm', but in a really good way ;)

I tune into the frequency of Love when I listen to my children, specifically when I am listening to them resolving some issue. We home-ed our kids, and they have loads of free time to do their projects, or play or both, and its often the case that one child wants to do 'this', the other wants to do 'that', and they are both nearly thwarted in both regards by the little one wanting to do something entirely different. It can lead to arguments, disagreements and cranky behaviour.

What I love to listen for is the moment of realisation when they observe there is no way they can all do what they want IF it requires the assistance, or involvement of one of the others. This is a moment of magic to listen for, and I do know that at times when I'm trying to concentrate on writing some article, or a report, or doing research, I've inadvertently stopped this moment of magic by requesting heartily that they "quieten it down please!"...but I do love it when I'm able to just quiet myself, and listen to them.

I listen and I hear them negotiate, compromise and often find they need to comply with rules that may have been set before...eg: "you said that if I built Lego with you that you'd help me do a cardboard box castle!", or "I've been painting for AGES! you said we'd play Star Wars after we'd painted..." and I just grin thinking about how many adults don't even know how to do this! :)

The end result is a resolution! A beautiful, perfect resolution leading to many more moments of happy learning, or fun, or both.
Kids...they're so great :)

'painting'...a happy 'medium'


" I tune into Love through learning that there is a solution to everything"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!