Tuesday 5 October 2010

Tuning into Love - 011 'The Power of Place'

Do you have a special place in the world that 'calls' to you? I know there are a few places like that for me, and I've been fortunate enough to visit some of them. Connecting with the energy of a place brings in a special kind of Love full of mystery and magic, a deep connection to something in the Earth that 'knows' you, and wants to honour the connection. You can of course do this kind of visiting in meditations, visualisations, dreaming, astral travelling etc, but there is something particularly powerful about physically visiting a personal Power Place.


On Mothers' Day this year I knew where I wanted to visit. One of my Power Place's is a rock formation in a waterfall in the Numinbah Valley, on the border of SE Queensland and Northern NSW, about an hour and a half from where I live near Brisbane. But this year, another rock had been very insistent in its invitation to connect. Past the border of Northern NSW is a huge extinct volcano called Wollumbin, (Mt Warning on the maps) and it had been saying hello for years. Everytime I'd reach a highpoint on the M1 down to my FengShui studies on the Gold Coast, this huge outcrop of a mountain would kind of 'waive' at me...if you can imagine a mountain waiving....
For years this has been happening, and this year it was as if it had just reached the end of its patience with me and demanded my attention :) So of course, I had to go :)


What a day it was. Took the whole family, we did a picnic at the base of the mountain, the kids exploring the bush and the streams. Then we went up to the walking track and silently and happily took in the majesty of the place. I didn't get to do the many km trek up to the summit that day... (baby is only 2yrs old and I knew we would arrive too late in the day to join up with the organised walkers) but just being there was enriching. On the way back down we stopped again at one of the streams and the kids made little 'stupas' from the river rocks, as we had seen this in many of the rivers on the way up the mountain :)


A day just full of Lovely things to see, and do and feel.


"I tune into Love through the memory of special places"
"I tune into Love by honouring the majesty of Mother Earth"

I don't think I've got my 'fill' of the message that Wollumbin is able to provide, but I'm grateful for the appetiser :) and plan to get a full main course of Wollumbin Magic as soon as can be arranged :)! The Power of Place is always going to intrigue me and provide a source of enjoyment and spiritual nourishment my whole life long. Have you got a special place that speaks to your spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!