Sunday 1 August 2010

Real Breakfast Smoothie


I think one of the biggest hurdles I've overcome in regards to my intake of food has been the realisation that 'cereal' is not really a food. Its used all over the globe, I know, but 'cereal' wasn't always this precooked , flattened, and dehydrated mush I was brought up to believe was a good start to the day. Raw, cracked or rolled seeds and grains with fruit is an alternative (think muesli without the harmful sulphites of the mainstream products) but it takes a while to understand you only need a few tablespoons of the seeds and nuts to equal about six 'wheatbix' or a bowl of cornflakes. And then there is the excessive chewing :)

I'm a little partial to be downright LAZY when it comes to the morning intake of food.
I love it when someone puts breakfast together, and at the moment I still eat some cooked food with my partner, but generally I've been starting my day with a smoothie, and I can tell you very honestly that even though I love eggs on a little toast with salt, my body feels better when I go the smoothie...

Here's my 'everyday smoothie' recipe for a kickstart to the morning that will keep you going until lunchtime and beyond. And yes, it'll be GREEEEEN and yummy.

250 - 400ml Oatmilk (depends on how 'hungry' you feel)
One ripe Banana
1 tblsp Flaxseed Oil
1 tblsp Spirulina Powder
1 tblsp In-Liven Probiotic Superfood Powder
A pinch of Cinnamon powder
A quarter of a Vanilla Pod (or use a little Vanilla powder if you have it)
A very small pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
A splash of Kefir Milk (optional...you could use a good biodynamic yoghurt if you wanted to)
1 tblsp Tahini Paste
1 tblsp Raw Honey
A handful of herbs (usually Parsley, Holy Basil 'Tulsi Rama', Oregano...but you can use Sweet Basil, Dill, Coriander or similar leafy and fragrant herbs)

Pulse in a Blender to break up the bigger bits of Banana, then Whizz on 'high' for 15 seconds or so. Adjust to 'low' speed for about 10 seconds or so.

Pour into a cup or glass and down the hatch it goes! Instant good food straight into the body :)

No Chewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!