Monday 2 August 2010

Decluttering for Health

Hello and welcome to the downhill run from the Full Moon.
During this time you can really get stuck into a heap of detoxing for your home, body and Mind too. Your thoughts are connected with the quality of energy in your home, and that in turn affects the health of your body...
By allowing what is a purely natural process of 'waste removal' to occur, you open up pathways for fresh new energy to come in.

May I be just as quick with my forgiveness
As I am with mop and broom,
Sweeping up the clutter
In my heart and living room.
(www.ladyfarmersparabel.blogspot.com)

Detoxing Your Home
This should be a monthly (at least) 'thing' you schedule in because our homes are constantly receiving energy in the form of visits from people, purchases of items and even the weekly groceries, and the thoughts, feelings, conversations and actions from the occupants.

Detoxing your home begins with a general tidy up and chuck out session, so you can see table surfaces, so that the shelves don't have things like books, bills and correspondence 'pidgeon holed' in them for later attention etc, and so that the staircase or hallway is completely clear. Sweep up around outside each major entrance and exit way, and light some incense to purify the air. A short few hours here and there over a couple of days can achieve a wonderful reward! Don't try and get it done in a madrush, or you will end up feeling exhausted and overworked.

Maintenance of your living areas needs to be conducted in a loving and attentive way so that you imbue this into the spaces that provide you with shelter and protection.

Detoxing Your Body
This can be done by simply removing things that you know clog your system up. Leave off the bread and pasta and rice for a few days. Alternatively you can include some room temperature foods instead of cooked meals like... brown rice (steamed and cooled), salad vegetables, cultured veges, and home-made dips like hommus, to give your digestive system a great cleanse. Enjoy a feast of fruits as a sweet treat.

But the most important of all is to drink a more than usual amount of pure water. The quality of the water you drink is extremely important, and the better quality water you can obtain the better. I love to use pure spring water like Grail Haven, but the best water is a local spring water, and if you can't get that then use a brand that is 'purified water', as it will hydrate your cells more efficiently. To increase hydration take in some good quality rock or sea salt each day. (the recent post on my Real Breakfast Smoothie shows how you can do this without even having to taste it!) Celtic Sea Salt attracts water and it literally enables each cell to get a stack of minerals as well as absorb more water. With your cells pumped up with water and minerals you will feel more energised! Yippee!

Detoxing Your Mind
Don't let this area of detoxing be neglected, because all it takes is a little wind down of energy, a little quietness, and a little reflection. I do like LAZY and SIMPLE ways to get anything done because (a) I'm a busy mum with two businesses, (b) three children and a partner, (c) I belong to a big family and (d) I have lovely friends who I love to make time for...so I need to organise ME time efficiently. I do a Mind detox in two ways regularly.

Salt and Aromatherapy Bath - at least once a week if I can manage it. I love to use Rock Salt and Epsom Salts, and even a little BiCarbSoda to soften up the water and leave my skin soft. The salt is very purifying and I usually use a little Lavender and Geranium essential oils (about 10 drops in a big bath) to soothe and improve my heart energy. Geranium can lift the spirits after a heavy week of 'giving' energy to others.

Earthwalking is a big big big (BIG) favourite thing I do. Taking my slippers off in the morning and padding around on the wet grass outside allows a blast of negative ions to move up through the whole body, easing and soothing the nervous system, balancing my personal frequency. Its all good.
www.heywoodsmeadow.com

So with the natural energy of our planet all geared up NOW to help you detox and remove what no longer supports your best health, get into a little detoxing and 'declutter' for good health in home, body and Mind :)

2 comments:

  1. Kitchen... de-cluttered. Looks BRAND NEW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's great Angel :) Always amazes me how much 'room' I have when I clean up a room!

    Blessings
    Jannette

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!