Tuesday 13 January 2009

Yes, you CAN find fantastic information on the back of a cereal box!

One of my wonderful sisters gave me a great cereal to try that is made of Flax, Corn and, of course, Amaranth. (if you don’t know why this is significant, read August’s article ‘Does it have Amaranth in it?”) Did you know that Flax is one of our richest sources of alpha-linolenic acid, and essential fatty acids in a group of substances called ‘omega-3 fatty acids’? As well as being a great source of fibre it also has lignans, a highly prized phytochemical. Yay! And the good news doesn’t stop there! :)

Amaranth is, as some of you know now, full of lysine which is an essential amino acid, but, what is wonderful about eating Amaranth with Corn and other similar grains is that it results in a complete amino acid profile, so it is fantastic for Vegetarians. The oil content provides linoleic acid and a form of Vitamin E too. Fab hey.

I feel healthier just reading it… and it tasted great!
You can buy various cereals with this particular blend from your natural food supplier or health food shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!