Friday 19 March 2010

Living without Doctors...why do I do it?


When I tell people that I don't have a doctor they can't quite deal with it.
My children also, do not visit doctors. This is because they are rarely ill. They don't need checkups, or scans, or to be prodded and measured by someone who will then compare the rates of growth with a standardised chart...they are little individuals being well-cared for, and I notice they are vigorous and inquisitive, and grumpy sometimes, and quiet sometimes too...heaven knows, they ARE children...little humans with all the behavioural traits of the big ones... ;)

I just don't need any other validation that I am doing the right thing for me and my family, than to look at them, speak with them, and realise that we haven't been ill for ages! And that's with mixing among a huge range of people, ages, demographics etc. We visit groups full of unvaccinated children and adults, and we mix with groups of others who are vaccinated. It doesn't seem to matter other than the unvaccinated group is healthier with less children running about with runny noses....

So do I visit doctors at all?

I have been to a doctor in the last year...twice. Once was as a trial to see what they'd do to 'treat' a skin condition that had come back after I'd cured it with natural treatments...and the other was to have a 'Conscientious Objectors' form signed so that my children would not be forced under circumstances where I could not defend them, to be injected with potentially dangerous vaccines.

The first situation came about because I had let my diet fall into unhealthy, and unbeneficial habits, and so my body reacted in the way it does, by chucking out the toxins via my skin. I've been suffering with dermatitis on my face since I was 15, because of the antibiotics that were prevalently administered to me as a very young child. Antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria in the body, leaving you susceptible to viruses that eventually break down your immune system, which makes you even sicker, more often...(a nasty circle). Now that I've researched again into the best forms of self cleansing, healing and more into superfoods and nutrition, the skin condition is receding once again, with no use of medication at all. AT ALL. NO medication....just let me make that clear.

With the first situation, the doctor I visited didn't even hesitate to write me a prescription for antibiotics to 'clear it up'...however he had not asked me if I was allergic to them, if I was sick, if I was pregnant, or what my diet was. He just was happy to get me out of the doctors' offices and off to the Pharmacy with a prescription. Then, when I did mention that I was feeding my baby, AND that she was 14months+ old, he was gobsmacked that I was still breastfeeding her...stating "Really? I don't know of any other Mothers who are feeding their babies at this age!" (I'm still feeding her now at nearly 2 years of age, and wow, is she a healthy kid!)

So after that initial reaction from him he then went about investigating if I could take these antibiotics while I was feeding a baby. The information on the website (yes, the doctor had to look it up on the company website) and the packet stated that it was not suitable for breastfeeding/lactating mothers. So he rang the Pharmacy, and they said it was ok. Well, ain't that great .... !!!! So how do I feel about the reliability of the GP and friendly Pharmacist after this? not great, let me tell you.

Routinely, women in hospital birthing units are given antibiotics similar to what I had as a 'precaution' against infections. This then sets up a cycle of illhealth in a new Mum and new bub, that can only be rectified by taking in Probiotics and fermented foods, yet I know of NO ONE letting women know about this necessity after giving birth in a hospital and undergoing surgery or invasive procedures that require antibiotics to be prescribed.

I took the antibiotics as a trial, to see if
A, they did somehow clear up the skin condition
B, they gave me any side effects and what they would be

Harsh trial you may think, but I need to do this sort of thing for myself, and so I can tell others about it from first hand experience.

Firstly the antibiotics didn't clear up the skin issue. Secondly I developed vaginitis, thrush of the mouth, and felt generally wretched the whole time I was on the dosage. It took over two months for my body to rectify itself using large amounts of Probiotics in the form of Kefir and In-Liven, and it has taken until recently for me to go onto a significantly sugar reduced diet, to make the final leap into controlling the skin condition (ie: curing it from developing on my face) and regaining good health!

To get better:
  • I drank 1 cup of Kefir morning, lunchtime and evening, and before bed.
  • The morning dosage also had a spoonful of In-Liven ( a probiotic superfood powder from Miessence) mixed in.
  • Recently I've cut down on all processed sugars in my diet, and only consume small amounts of sour fruits (like blueberries) or a tiny amount of dried fruits. (like organic sultanas or goji berries)
  • I removed a lot of the yeast components of my diet including breads and spreads (like vege spread or vegemite)
  • I've also been revisiting the hydration therapy techniques I perfected in pregnancy and early breastfeeding, and it is amazing the toxins released from the body with this simple and cheap therapy!
  • I've increased the amount of fresh organic greens (and other vegetables) in my diet, and even grow my own powerful organic herbs which I use in my salads and as fresh teas or infusions daily.




My results are fantastic. The skin condition is receding and my skin is almost all healed. I've lost weight without even attempting anymore exercise. I feel so good. I have more energy, and I'm not spending money on sugary snacks! I've funnelled those funds into buying things like organic nuts, superfood powders and tablets, good skincare products (certified organic) and filtered or spring water.

No doctor has ever discussed the importance of nutrition and detoxification with me when I've come to them with this skin condition in the previous 22 YEARS.
Shocking hey? but there's your answer to 'why do I do it?'. Live without Doctors and you'll live healthier.
Live with commonsense approaches to good health that are based on commonsense Science, and not Science that is based upon pharmaceutical company profits...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!