Friday 12 March 2010

Are you aiming for a good Weight or good Nutrition?

 My totally organic vege and herb tub growing abundantly :)

Recently I've been taking a superfood called Spirulina, and noticing some amazing changes in my body, my health, and because of this I've told a few people about how good I feel, and how I've lost weight without really 'trying' to. It has produced a few reactions from people, and from me too.


Firstly, everyone has been wanting to know 'how I'm doing it'. "How can I lose weight easily!?" Seems to be the most asked question out! But the answer is completely simple. Stop filling up your body (and your cells) with foods that clog you up, that sit around, and don't work for you.


The second thing that has happened is that a lot of people are wanting to tell me about the greatest new diet thing, regime, supplement, shake...whatever,...that they've tried, just bought, or signed up for. They need to see if I think that it stacks up against what I am doing, or if I think its 'valid'.


This produces a third reaction, and its my personal one, of being completely mystified how you could want to spend money on a 'program' to do what you are doing every day. Eating. YOU have to eat. YOU have to choose what you put in your mouth. So why on earth would YOU pay someone else to tell you what you already know? There's certainly enough free information out there to read about what is good food for you, so why are you tuning into some slick marketing and being talked into spending your $$? Beats me...?!


I want anyone who is thinking, considering, or questioning their diet regime to ask the most obvious and important question.
"Is the nutritional value of the food I am consuming, as high as it can possibly be?"
If your food contains additives, preservatives, trace chemicals left over from production, or an excessive amount of sugar, processed flours etc...then you are NOT consuming the highest quality nutrients, and in the end, your health will not be optimum. You'll crave more nutrients, and it will send you in the way of eating something to get more energy...




Spirulina is a superfood that has the added benefit of giving you the feeling that you are 'satisfied' nutritionally, and this helps your brain disconnect from the 'craving' sensation. Reducing sugar intake, and fat intake at the same time is healthy, and helps to get the most out of eating Spirulina. So what IS Spirulina? Its an algae (yeah, I know, not the easiest thing to market hey?) that is super high in all the nutrients, trace elements and minerals we need to survive. 

As it is a food already, your body doesn't have to 'break it down' or liquify it, so it gets absorbed immediately by all your cells, and your body feels nourished straight away. If you take Spirulina as a tablet or a powder in some juice about an hour before eating, it helps to control overeaters from continuing on that kind of destructive ingestion. And it helps people with any dietary intake to feel that they only need enough to fill their stomach, and no more. It helps to stop overeating...simply put.


I find that having Spirulina before breakfast helps me completely knock out my usual morning tea cravings. In fact I don't have morning tea anymore. I just have a cup of tea.


I find that I can have some salad wraps for lunch and don't feel hungry until about 5pm or 6pm, when I have another light meal. If I get hungry at night, I snack on a handful of walnuts or similar. I haven't had time to access more than a few walks a week. I don't belong to a gym, and I haven't been able to buy a super expensive bicycle or the most up to the minute running shoes either....I've just added Spirulina to my diet and removed the excess sugar, flour and synthetics.


If you'd like to try some Spirulina, I'll be happy to supply some at a 10% discount on all orders over $100. It will be on my website soon, but for now you can view prices and sizes on the website at Synergy Natural.


Good nutrition is always going to give you Good Health. Preservatives and additives and non-organic produce is always going to bring unbeneficial 'residues' to your body, and in time, your Life. 
You choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!