Saturday 15 January 2011

Tuning into Love 023 - 'What is your treat?"

Since when does giving yourself a 'treat' equal piling up with processed sugar and gunk?
"I can't give that up! its my Treat!!"
I hear this when I talk about aiming for good health and making serious but life altering changes to the way we live. The whole concept of what 'normal food', normal life, happiness, fulfillment, is, is totally skewed. The concept of what a Treat is, is totally skewed.

A treat to me is when I get a meditation done without being interrupted by a little person needing help to go to the toilet. A treat to me is getting a half box of gorgeous smelling Mangos from my Brother, and then a box of Cherries too, and a half box of Lychees as well! What a treat! A treat to me is finding a place in myself that is quiet and responsive enough to help my children past an emotional issue. A treat to me is the smile on my partner's face and the twinkle in his eye when he is relaxed. A treat to me is finding moments of Peace.

A treat is not a pastry and cafe coffee. It's a bad food choice. Especially if you are doing this each week or each day as 'your treat'.
A treat is not ice cream. That's non-nutrition, heavy and undesirable to the human metabolism.
A treat is not a day out trolling through shops, mindlessly looking at consumables. That's a waste of time and energy.

Tuning into what I LOVE helps me in making good choices about my Treats. I love treating myself to the things that truly nourish me. I LOVE that I've made the connections in life that have brought me great teachers. I LOVE that I am still learning and still falling over at times...it gives me Perspective on the whole situation facing humanity. We aren't here to make treats for ourselves, they are already in place for us to enjoy.



"I LOVE my simple pleasures"
"I am provided for and Loved in so many different ways"

Beautiful Blessings for being able to acknowledge real blessings, small mercies and miracles.
Jannette
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!