Tuesday 30 August 2011

Healing on all levels with Helichrysum

Helichrysum growing in Corsica. As someone who loves to explore the Energy Signature of plants, this one looks decidedly like 'beauty in the middle of harshness' given the terrain it is seen growing and thriving in... A plant that knows how to get the best out of a not-so-optimal situation ;)
Healing scars and wounds is a passion of mine. I have been interested in healing the physical as well as spiritual and emotional scars, as I know taking care of all three enables true healing, and that's what I want; real healing, not a surface scar that I'll need to give more attention to later on. Helichrysum is also kown as 'Immortelle' and 'Everlasting', and commonly used as both a spiritual propellant and for the treatment of scarring and wounds.

My first forays into Aromatherapy started with the obvious and traditional uses of Lavender, Chamomile, Patchouli and the various blossoms and florals. They were a sensory wonder, and then came the more enlightened acknowledgement of the message they bring to the emotional and spiritual aspects of humans. This pricked my interest considerably! When I used Lavender I would see particular colours around me, or the person I was using it with. They were different colours to the ones for Chamomile, or Patchouli and so on. I also became tuned into a type of energetic music that each aromatherapy oil would suggest. This type of phenomena truly inspired my love of aromatherapy (and then I got a little crazy and overloaded myself with too many different oils) and furthered my journey of discovery with them.

Recently I had been up against a blockage emotionally. Feeling 'displacement' in my life, manifesting in confusions, doubts, apathy, lethargy and the other common ailments of a life not being driven particularly well. I'd taken my hands off the wheel and I knew that it didn't feel right. That's when Helichrysum decided to start saying 'hello'. I bought a bottle and marvelled at how amazingly healing the scent was. To me it instantly said 'bandages', and I was given a pale and soft cream colour to meditate upon. I felt my psyche being wrapped in soft, petal-like swathes of colour and aroma. A soft pentatonic melody swept through my Mind. *ding ding, dong, ding ding* :) I laughed at the message with joy. I thanked Helichrysum for the healing.

I think Helichrysum is working with me very slowly. It's aroma signature, or Energy Signature, is changing subtley with the time I am giving the treatment. At first it smelled decidedly 'medicinal', hence the immediate image and sensory overload of 'bandages'. It immediately knew I needed some protection and enclosure. Now, I am 'scentsing' a whole new floral layer to its aroma, and along with it is coming a greater perspective on the connections I have now. More appreciation for the passions I have. More acknowledgement about what makes me feel strong, what I love, and what I want to do.

I am aligning with something bigger than me and while I find it intimidating, I am also in awe of its beauty. My life is unfolding and old fears are being released. A new phase of healing comes in just as needed. In Perfect Timing as always ;)

Beautiful Blessings for Abundantly Natural Healing
Jannette
:)


Helichrysum is part of the collection from Miessence certified organic essential oils. Miessence certified organic essential oils are only available through a Miessence Representative or authorised retail dealer.  Discounts apply for 'preferred customers' or join up as a Rep yourself to enjoy instant discounts on all products in the entire range and the benefits of having your very own certified organic business to utilise for you and your family and friends.
(If you are interested in the Business Opportunity, please follow this link for more information)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous20:48

    I have a hedge of this plant growing and knew it was helpful for physical bruising. I understand it is quite an expensive oil due to the distillation method but sounds like it is well worth the cost - wonder if the fresh product is as useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd imagine it would be very useful if fresh. Most teas or decoctions are useful ways of making use of fresh herbs. Have a little troll on the web and see what you turn up. Lucky you having a whole hedge of it to experiment with! :)
    Blessings
    Jannette

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!