Saturday 7 March 2009

Getting 'reel' Life

A page of Cho Ku Rei's, the Reiki symbol for 'all the power of the universe here, now'.
I like it!


When I feel lost, overwhelmed, disappointed or just plain 'down', I know its time to start 'daydreaming' and get focussed again!

That would seem to be a contradictory thing to do, but for me it achieves great things. As a child, young adult and now as a 30+ woman, I find the therapeutic qualities of daydreaming a potent and pleasing way of existing, and of helping me achieve an existence I want. When we daydream about the things we love, the places we enjoy, and the people we admire, we surround ourselves in those particular resonant vibational energies. They are residual energies, but present none-the-less!

My analogy for daydreaming came to be fishing. I saw that my Mind cast itself outwards, forwards...onwards, over a vast distance towards my wants and loves. Much the same as an angler casting a line to lure a fish on to a hook. Dangling the bait, waiting patiently for all the right moments to twig the line and start reeling and winding. And it never seems to matter how long it takes to the angler. They will stay out, thigh deep in foul weather even, to keep on casting that line to achieve their goal of catching that fish! I have felt that same determined perserverence in Life for all my life. Just 'keep on going' and I will achieve my goal.
So how do I do it?

Start by imagining all the things you love. The places that you find uplifting, the people who inspire you, the things you desire most, and put them within your daydreaming pond. Now, cast your line out towards those things, and see them hooked onto your lure. Wind in that reel of line and land your rewards. Over and over again you can achieve success by winding in your chosen desire.

Casting your line towards a Future you want to 'real in' can also help you achieve more metaphysical and tangible goals too. Winding a reality closer and closer with each thought inevitably means you will 'land' it in time. This is where the power of Mantra can become your most potent tool.

Mantra is literally a 'Mind Protector' in that it enables you to take charge of the chatter, the confusion and distraction, and give yourself a definitive focus. The Mind of a human has been described in some spiritualities as a drunk, insane monkey with its paw bitten by a scorpion. A powerful image! No wonder we are suffering if our Mind is intoxicated, and mad with distractions and pain. With this visual representation aside, the Mantra is only as powerful as the understanding of it by the person using it. Some Mantra in ancient language holds a particular vibrational energy, like all blessings do, of infinite benefit no matter whether we understand it or not, but to be practical, most of us will benefit quickly from a Mantra that we ourselves organise and understand perfectly.

For 'realing in' my beautiful Future, I can use a phrase that suits this vibration easily, such as
"I now reel in my Beautiful Future in Perfect Ways"
Why am I using certain words like 'now', and 'perfect'? These words are very powerful in the Mind, and we choose to 'listen' and take action from certain words....'now' and 'perfect' being just a couple.

In upcoming issues of the Holistic Feng Shui MiniZine, I will be exploring the power of Mantra and 'spoken' word a little more. I hope you will enjoy reading the articles in the future.
Thankyou for reading this article.
If you would like to subscribe to the free e-zine you can do so by clicking 'here'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!