Sunday 10 January 2016

Affirmations for a balanced Mind

When the new year comes around it is often heralded with an insight into how busy or lonely, fulfilled or longing, light or heavy we are feeling. The observance of such things can bring us the opportunity and the enthusiasm to make beneficial changes and to plan a schedule of achievements to aim for.

I use affirmations to help me set up a vibe for the day or week or month. Some of them I'll use each and every day, others I'll keep for when I feel unbalanced and off-course. During January I am compiling a few of the affirmations I'm using and popping them into a file I've named 'Affirmations for a balanced Mind'. In time I will make it available as an ebook for you to download and use at will. I'm intending to put them as a file on my phone so I can access inspiration at my fingertips wherever I am, but you might like to save them as a screensaver so that it rolls across your computer when you have a little downtime.

Here are a couple that I've make up into posters already. They are formulated from the message of the day I am receiving while I wake up and perhaps meditate or contemplate the day ahead, or the situation at the time.



To write your own affirmations for positive thought enhancement, take the 'problem' at present and examine what it means to you. For example: I had a frought morning of children fighting, demanding and whining. All I had wanted to do was enjoy the birdsong from the mountain and cool down as the heat had already risen to an uncomfortable level. When I took the time to observe what I needed to do to achieve harmony and peace I was able to see that my energy was being scattered and I felt scattered, unbalanced and definitely off-course. 

I redirected my emotions from anger, frustration and immaturity towards being the adult they (and I)  needed. And so I thought to myself 'this is all about using my energy wisely and purposefully'. I thought some more on this as I drew the curtains on the sunny side of the house, whacked the fan up to high, and hugged each child quietly asking them for what they needed right now. Within a few minutes everyone was peacefully eating, watching or drawing and no one was fighting or upset. It was within those moments of quietly being a responsible adult (ugh! why IS that so hard sometimes when in reality it's exactly who we are?) that I worked through to the affirmation of "I embrace the most supportive avenue for my energy now". And it felt good.


When things seem to be 'out of control',...specifically your control, it can be therapeutic and restorative to take the time out and formulate an affirmation as a solution. You'll find yourself calmer, more confident and feeling like you have your personal power back! An affirmation for personal power and protection can be "I am now surrounded with Peace & Harmony in every aspect of my Life Experience".  This could set up great vibrational energy for you if you are about to go into a meeting where you feel confronted, or expect confrontation. 

I hope you'll enjoy the affirmations and formulate your very own, specific ones to help you stay on track this year. It is something I work with and weave into the consultations as part of the service for a Holistic Feng Shui Assessment and Home Health Check. Our homes are not free-standing structures unaffected by our emotions. These places we inhabit breathe and love us back when we support them with great quality energy :) Placing affirmations into a space can dramatically affect the occupant's behaviour, and it's as easy as saying them quietly while you clean, or when you perform a Space Clearing Ceremony, or even just in your Mind and projecting them into the space so they sink and vapourise into the area. It is all part of the power within our intentions; that unseen and often untapped resource just waiting there to support YOU and your endeavours.


Blessings for awakening your intentions into their full power!
Jannette x :)

#affirmingthepositive #makeyourmindup #holistictherapyconnections #wearethesolution

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!