Sunday 7 June 2015

'Feng Shui and other influences we can't see' - Link to podcast and some musings...

Hello and happy June! Nearly halfway through the year and the winds of Winter curl around my ankles, chilling the back of my neck and reminding me that Solstice is nearly here. A time for reflection.

It was in February this year that I was invited to record an interview with Michelle House about the new Feng Shui Annual Influences and some other observations about the value of Feng Shui principles in everyday life. Time flies for sure because that only felt like it was last week!
Here is the link to the podcast for those of you who would like to listen...

What a transformative time 2015 is turning out to be. There is the opportunity this year to take hold of issues that have been circling and perhaps confronting or intimidating you. It's sort of like being baited for an argument which you may choose to engage in and learn from, or pass up and let it sail on by...you know, ah-la Captain Jack Sparrow like...  "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

For me the question this year has been engaging in confrontation. I'm a non-combative person, very happy to be happy, so confrontation never comes naturally, however, I am learning that confrontation in itself need not be 'aggressive' at all, which is enlightening. Confrontation is the hallmark of Star 3 energy. It is pushy, aggressive, sometimes even damaging, yet I always look to both sides of the story. Why is Star 3 given this horrid reputation when in fact Star 3 is also the energy Influence of the East, and related to Health, Family and the igniting energy of nature? Surely this energy would be useful, helpful and positive too? Of course it is! :) It is all about Perception and the way we use it.

When presented with a confrontation person or issue I have been practising my skills of negotiation and also honing my response to intimidation. I feel it is a big personal growth leap for me to learn how to control fear and intimidating feelings so that I can protect myself from lowering my vibration, and succumbing to situations that spiral downwards and inwards negatively.

Peaceful repose brings effortless insight...

What I have been doing is using a technique that helps me to utilise my sense of empathy and to engage with someone intimidating as a 'real person' instead of being overwhelmed by their aggression and or confusion, and my confusion too... for it's often that confusion that translates as frustration and that can further inflame a hot tempered person. Our facial expressions send those signals, so I've been making myself more conscious of the messages my face sends to someone who is confronting me. What tends to happen is I might squint a bit, purse my lips or cock my head to one side. All very natural responses to being confused or confronted.
So instead I'm teaching myself to find a new response...
I relax, I breath, and then I literally 'open my face' to them and listen 'harder' ;). I ask myself quietly "What are they asking for? Can I give it to them? Can I help in this situation?"

And then I allow the event to unfold with expansive and compassionate energy. The more I listen and relax, the better the outcome, for both of us.

Emotions are like water; always in motion from one state to another. What we seek to do is not 'control' it, but rather encouraging its to flow in the most beneficial and positive direction.

Life is so quick nowadays, and it takes real consciousness to stop and hear people. We need to re-learn this skill on every level in our lives, from intimate moments with partners, to parenting behaviours with our children, interactions with co-workers and everyday occurrences with people.

Breathe. Stop. Relax and listen. Open dialogue with something like, "Ok, I hear that you are [angry/sad/upset/confused] about [situation/thing/need], and I can help by [doing/saying/being]. Is that right?" Getting the 'combatant' to be clear about their grievance or need is paramount to getting a situation resolved.

If you'd like to know more about this kind of communication technique you can visit this link here.

Happy Confrontations to you all and Blessings for peaceful resolutions.

Jannette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my article. Please leave a comment or message. While I am flattered that other Feng Shui consultants are reading this blog, I would ask that you refrain from spamming my Comments area with your website addresses please. I love to reply to genuine queries. Thanks!